The digital world has significantly contributed to the economy and has given it a boost. The rise
in ecommerce businesses is also what the world has witnessed and currently witnessing a
totally different phase of ecommerce in the meta world. The industry is a massive space and is
expanding at a faster rate than ever.
The benefits associated with ecommerce, it has become the most convenient and easy business
option for owners and entrepreneurs across the whole world. Seeing the growth of the
ecommerce industry, many platforms are paving their way to enter the sphere with their
services and solutions to help entrepreneurs build their businesses and mark their online
When we talk about these platforms, we must involve the two giants of the ecommerce world –
SHOPIFY and WORDPRESS. Two of the most well-known names in the ecommerce industry are
Shopify and WordPress, both of which have a track record for simplicity, adaptability, and
Both platforms play a significant part in making e-commerce businesses‘ website presence.
Shopify and WordPress are similar platforms that help you in building online selling sites.
Let’s first understand what these platforms do –
Shopify is a well-known web program which was created especially to assist companies in
creating trustworthy online stores. A domain name, accessibility to the payment processor, an
e-commerce plugin, checkout capability, and other helpful features may all be found on this e-
commerce platform. You don’t have to install software because Shopify is a managed solution
and you may access all operations from Shopify’s server. You may easily and comfortably
establish your own Shopify store.
WordPress is a web-based content management system that gives users the ability to produce
and broadcast a variety of online content, including web pages, videos, images, and blog posts.
WordPress offers both WordPress.com and WordPress.org as their two services. A SaaS tool called WordPress.com is accessible with a monthly fee. This all-inclusive solution allows you to
develop and manage a wide range of websites.
For creating websites, WordPress.org is what you need, which can be done on your own web
server. It is an interactive system that is very customizable. It is a handy tool that is simple for
use. All the resources you need to create your unique online store, including accessibility to the
WooCommerce e-commerce plugin, are included with WordPress. Additionally, it offers themes
and a library of plugins that make it easy to add a variety of amazing features to your websites,
like login, subscriptions, transactions, a members-only area, forums, networking sites, and
more. WooCommerce is one of these capabilities.
Well, if your central focus is to build a perfect website for your ecommerce website, you must
choose it wisely by having a look at these points and decide accordingly. It is necessary for you
to consider your needs.
A general view though relating to the development of websites is more positive towards
WordPress but Shopify equally competes when it comes particularly to ecommerce websites.
Both platforms offer and contribute greatly to website development and business growth.
There exists no straight jacket formula to just suggest which will help you or maybe not and vice
versa. The biggest difference between both is Coding.
WordPress is great for websites and supports ecommerce features if you are considering it for
websites while Shopify delivers exhaustive ecommerce support as it is particularly designed for
Both programs provide a wealth of sophisticated features, a large number of templates, and a
broad range of additional excellent solutions. The WordPress software is absolutely free to use;
the only costs are hosting and plugins when you’re prepared to launch. In contrast, Shopify
offers a free version to help you get started.
Reasons why you should consider Shopify –
- Shopify is easy, endows quick implementation, and presents an enhanced experience to customers with better guidance and services.
- A 14-day trial is free for any user.
- Likened to WordPress (which supports features individually), a ton of features come standard with Shopify, such as hosting which is comprised of the product. It is beginner friendly, provides its own payment authorization, and is a piece of cake when it comes to setting up.
- If you prefer Shopify, the hassle of managing the technological characteristic is very less and it is safer when it comes to hacking. Shopify itself provides the protection of your website, unlike WordPress.
Reasons why you should consider WordPress –
- WordPress is more accessible, provides more suitable content and marketing techniques than Shopify (such as having the feature of archiving and content versioning), great for multi-site assignments or multi-languages stores. Almost ⅓ of the world’s websites use WordPress.
- WordPress is available to be downloaded for free and any type of website can be built using it as it is more user-friendly, customizable, and easygoing.
- The plugins are vast in number and you can select as per your needs and is a lot more flexible than Shopify. You can curate an assortment of product alternatives and variants as per your requirements.
- For any ecommerce business and website, WordPress is a sea of options that makes it more creative and attractive than Shopify.
- WordPress has better SEO than Shopify and if you are good with coding, WordPress is highly recommended.
There lie many reasons why you should choose these two platforms but a favorable conclusion
can be drawn from the above-mentioned points.
If you are in the starting phase of your ecommerce business, Shopify is recommended as it is
easier to use than WordPress. But if you already have a significant presence and want to try out
more for your ecommerce business, go for WordPress as it provides a wider option in terms of